When was the last time you felt alive? What I mean is have you ever had the feeling of overwhelming excitement that you felt your whole body is on cloud 9, life is great and anything and everything is possible? I can tell you that I don’t often experience that but when I do, it is just magical. It almost felt like pixie dust was sprinkled on me. I know it has been a while since I’ve talked about motivational and inspirational topics so I figured today we can all get inspired and motivated to do whatever it is that we are afraid of doing.
Sometimes, I tend to lose my motivation and inspiration because some days aren’t as good as others. I know that is normal, you can’t have all the good without the bad. In order for me to get motivated and inspired again, I tend to listen to motivational talks. I also read success stories and motivational quotes. I look at inspiring photos, surround myself with positive and successful people, and lastly I remind myself of my self worth even when I feel low.
My biggest concern at this time of my life is what my future will be like. I am an over thinker and excessively curious. I like to know everything in the tiniest details. I know, it can be what you call “crazy” at times but that is who I am. So in realizing that I always worry about the future. I barely take the time to just appreciate my present and make the most of it.
They say worrying makes you old and stressed. I truly believe that! Don’t you? I feel like by worrying so much, you are constantly living on the edge of your seat; not being able to relax and take the time to yourself and appreciate your life as it is. Two of the things I don’t want to have is being old and stressed. Age is nothing but a number so let’s all make an effort to live and release our inner child.
As you all know, last weekend was my 25th birthday and I was literally dreading the celebration knowing I am turning a quarter century old. But honestly, I had an amazing celebration and not once did I feel old. I felt like a kid without any worries on my mind. Instead, my mind and body was filled with excitement and joy. It was nice especially when I found out I was going on a Hot Air Balloon ride. I couldn’t help but jump up and down at being so excited for this to happen. In that moment, I was truly living. I got that feeling again as I mentioned above and it was wonderful.
Up in the air, I watched the sunrise, looked at the clouds, mountains and water. Taking in the beauty of nature up in the air is absolutely amazing and peaceful. Not only was I at peace with myself, I felt motivated, inspired and all my fears were lifted away. Something about seeing beautiful scenery made me feel happier. It was definitely a stress reliever! The weather was beautiful, I was so comfortable and at times I didn’t realize I was in a balloon, ten thousand feet up in the air. For those who are afraid of heights, I would honestly recommend you to do this because it isn’t scary at all. You will be so enthralled by the beauty of what you’re experiencing; you will not notice you are high up in the air!
I love traveling and being adventurous because of the way it makes me feel. So for as long as I am alive, I will always seek traveling and exploring the world around me. What is life if you’re not living it to the fullest?
With that being said, here are some of my favorite motivational/inspirational quotes that get me through the day when I am not out being consumed by wanderlust.
My Favorite Quotes
- “If you want to awaken all of humanity, awaken all of yourself.” – Lao Tzu
- “Each day wake up and ask yourself what will make you feel most alive that day.” – Unknown
- “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can do what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
- “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t” – Steve Maraboli
- “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely
- “Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.” – Unknown
- “Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.”Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” – Unknown
- “You cannot start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Michael McMillan
- “Your greatest dreams are all on the other side of the wall of fear and caution.” – Unknown
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Disney
- “Today is a good day to try.” – Disney
- “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” – Disney
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Disney
- “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.” – Disney
Share with me what makes you feel alive? How do you stay motivated and inspired?
Till next time!