Get Ready In 10 Mins
Thanksgiving is literally here guys! I am so excited for the holiday and mostly because I get to take days and just spend time with my loved ones! So with the holiday coming, there will be lots of cooking in my kitchen. I haven’t had the time to pick out my outfit like I would normally do! But I know I will be running back and forth in the kitchen cooking and eating the food while I am cooking it haha. I plan to still look nice but comfortable and effortless.
So today I want to share with you guys how I get ready in less than ten minutes without touching up throughout the day. This method have helped me to get out of the door to go to work in the morning without being late, or just on the go running errands on the weekend. With Thanksgiving cooking, I will be in the kitchen a lot, and if you wear makeup, you know the hassle of having to touch up throughout the day, your face gets oily etc. All the things I do not want to deal with.
I have always loved not wearing so much makeup because my face is super sensitive to so many products. I would end up being super red, and break out. So I love to keep my makeup to a minimum. The only time I wear more makeup than my daily routine is when I am out doing a photoshoot and right after that I would wash it all of. I have the tendency of touching my face a lot and end up smudging my makeup so if I don’t have any on, it will save me the hassle of fixing my makeup!
Now let’s get to this ten minutes routine!
1. To get ready, I wash my face with Neutrogena; I love this brand so much! I have always used their products. I have tried so many face wash products and find that my skin works best with Neutrogena. It doesn’t make my face dry and it leaves me with a clean face. If you have oily skin like me, these products work great! They are affordable too!
2. After washing my face, I pat dry with a towel. I then apply a basic moisturizer to make sure my skin is hydrated. I find that Cetaphil brand is reliable when it comes to hydrating your skin. It also keeps your skin from breaking out! So for nighttime, I will use their normal moisturizer, but in the morning, I use their sunscreen moisturizer to protect my face from the sunlight. This brand is recommended from many dermatologists I’ve had. Something I learned from my dermatologist is that using a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic is really good for your pores. That means that product is specifically formulated to not block pores. You can find this product at CVS, Target, Wal-Mart or deliver it right to your door from buying it online.
3. I tend to not get enough sleep throughout the night. So sometimes, I wake up with puffy eyes and bags under them. So here’s my trick for you guys that I find useful. I would take an ice cube and just glide it under my eyes for about 20-30 seconds in the morning. It also wakes up my sleepy self. I then use the Puff Off from Benefit. You can find them at Ulta or Sephora. I tend to just get mine at Sephora because I live really close to one. There is plenty of other under eye solution but I only have tried this one. What do you guys use? It is helpful? Let me know below.
4. After all of that, I apply my liquid eyeliner. I love great liquid eyeliner so this is a must on my list because I wear it pretty much everyday! I use the Milani brand liquid eyeliner the most. Someday, I would use the Revlon liquid eyeliner. It really depends on which one I grab first. I love felt tip eyeliner because it is so easy to put on. Also, I do have a waterproof one as well for those rainy days! You don’t want your makeup to run! So for those beginners out there, this is your eyeliner! I tend never switch up my “cat” eye liner because I really love how it makes my eyes look. I find it a fun and daring look to have “cat” eyes. I am a creature of habit, once I find something that works, I tend to not change it up. Although, I should once in a while learn how to play around with makeup. Someone teach me!?
5. After applying the eyeliner, I curl my lashes. Some days I prefer not to wear mascara but some days I do use it. I have two favorite brands, Covergirl and Maybeline.
6. Can’t forget the lips! I always make sure my lips stays moisturize. Who wants chapped lips? That way you can always be ready to kiss that special someone 🙂 I use Vaseline, before bed and after I wake up in the morning, throughout the day I would apply my lip balm. Some of my favorites that I use are Nivea, EOS, Blistex. And if these products have SPF, it is a plus in my book!
7. Sometimes I like to add some color to my lips to make it pop! Here are some of my favorites that I use.
8. I like to add shimmer and/or highlighter to my cheekbones and some days I don’t use it often. I often switch on and off with these products.
9. Here is one last secret, if I am lazy in the morning to add some define curls to my hair, I would braid my hair at night and wake up in the morning with wavy/curly hair. That way it is curling your hair without heat! If not, I would curl my hair using my YOUcurl from Conair. It is actually my favorite hair curler. My hair would stay curly for days!
That wasn’t bad, was it? I know it looks like a lot but this routine is so fast and you will still look great while keeping your skin hydrated.
In addition to this routine I have, I have added a DollUp Case, it is such a handy case to use to organize your makeup to take with me on the go. I use it to store my lipsticks, eyeliner, eye shadows, shimmers, etc. Check it out here if you are interested!
What is your daily routine? Share with me below and leave me your thoughts, ideas and/or advice below! I would love to hear it all!
Love Linh! Enjoy Thanksgiving (for those in US) and I will catch up with you all after!
Such a great look and in such a short time!!
i love reading other peoples routines!! so informative. Love this post
Frank Vinyl : A California Fashion Blog
Great to know your daily makeup routine though I am not much of a make up person 🙂
xoxo Eva | http://www.evakindles.com
Great post, love this!
HER FASTEST FASHION
Love your beauty roundup girl! PS – that mirror is so adorable & useful. Xx
I need that case with the mirror ! it’s so pretty!!!! would be great to take it with me when i travel!
I’m totally a get ready and go type of girl as well – this is my kind of routine! You look super glam – can’t believe this look took only 10 min! Happy holidays babe!
Omgosh I for sure could not get ready in 10 minutes. LOL
Thanks for sharing how you do it! You should make a Youtube video on it!
Happy THANKSGIVING to you and your family!
Your makeup looks gorgeous! I love the color of your lipstick! It’s so perfect for the holidays. Thanks for the awesome tips!
I could’ve so used this this morning when I LITERALLY had to get ready in 10 minutes!!!
Ahhh so many goodies!! I love reading about beauty routines! Lately I’m just doing foundation, blush and mascara but only because I’ve been sicky 😉
Love your makeup routine! Thanks for sharing your products! I use so many of these and will def check some of them that I have not tried it before
I need to adopt your beauty routine as I tend to spend too much time in the mornings in order for me to get ready before stepping out of the house and looking semi-decent :). Mornings are always so rush for me since I need to get my daughter ready for school then myself ready for work so this fast routine is the “gold”. Thanks for sharing girl!
I love your simple routine, definitely going to be trying it out!
I loved reading about your routine !! I don’t get enough sleep a lot either something so I loved reading about what to do with puffy eyes! So helpful!
Ahh I love learning what other people do for their everyday beauty routines! EOS lip balms are one of my favorites 🙂
Ah thanks for sharing girl! I love Neutrogena products! I actually use their make up remover wipes for night time since it’s extra hydrating! It’s so funny because I also use Cetaphil! My favorite liner is Kat Von D tattoo liner and since I’m running out I’ll be sure to grab the Puff Off and give it a go when I stop by Sephora this week! Hydrating my lips, especially with the cold running through, I always use Blistex medicated because I like the minty soothing 🙂
Oh this is so nice. I don’t think i can ever get ready in 10 mins.
I love your mirror case babe! The Benefit Puff Off sounds like something I need. Hopefully they sell it in Australia’s Sephora!
I’ve never heard of Dollup Beauty! Such a cute name and thanks so much for the recommendation! Can’t wait to dabble into some of their products.
xoxo Bryanna | Coming in Clutch
Thanks for sharing your routine. I love hearing what other people do especially when they can get it done in 10 minutes. I take a lot longer to do my makeup. And need to figure out a way to speed up my routine !
I love peeking into other girls routines and we share so many shared product loves! I have fallen in love with Cetaphil since moving out here and my “Puff off!” It’s so important to keep our skin hydrated in the Cali sun. Hats off to your photographer too, I love the shots of you looking into the DollUp case 🙂
I love that you don’t wear much makeup! and you don’t need it 🙂 I love neutrogena and cetaphil products. cetaphil is awesome for sensitive skin! xoxo
So envious of this simple routine, and absolutely loving that little makeup case. I will say if I had to pick my essentials it would be mascara, blush and a nude lip. Thanks for sharing, love!
xx, Danielle | Pineapple & Prosecco
I need to try these tips, I take much too long to get ready in the morning! You’re so gorgeous, love how you did your makeup!
Such great tips, I have to give it a try. You look amazing and I love that color in you.
Such a neat share babe! I love how most of these products are drugstore (hence quite affordable!) I always like to get ready fast in the morning when I head to work so this is a really great guide.
That’s so great! If I had flawless skin like yours, 10 min would be awesome. But I usually have to cover up a bit. Plus drying my hair after the shower is another 20 minutes. So maybe 35?
These are great tips and also great mix of products from drugstore brands to higher end products. I love Cetaphil for washing my face and these colors for lippies are amazing. I am an eyeliner gal too so love these picks. Thanks for sharing! xoxo, Christine
Great routine. I would love to go back to a 10 minute routine. I use the same Revlon eyeliner and acne cleaner by Neutrogena. They’ve been in my daily line up for years. 🙂 I find that when I moved to LA, my skin got really bad, which meant more spot coverage, so the routine took much longer. When it gets better, I hope to be under 10 minutes again. I prefer to have just a light foundation, eyeliner and blush.
I have dry skin, but still love your mascara and highlighter suggestions! I need that eyeliner, too! Great post!
Love your make-up routine babe! I need to practice getting better at not spending too much time on getting ready… lol! Have a lovely week xo, sharon
Such a great post babe! Great tips for getting all ready this quick Now days.
You look stunning as always
Love the Kat Von D liner! It’s amazing!! And great tips! 🙂
I absolutely love this post! This is so helpful. I am always running late haha
Major props for getting ready in just ten minutes. Since I do a full face routine every day with my makeup, that alone takes about 20 mins, so I try to leave myself with plenty of time in the morning haha!
Stephanie // SheSawStyle.com
I’m a huge fan of tips like these. I especially enjoyed the tip about the ice cube and then applying the Puff Off! 🙂
that Dollup case is so useful! 10 min is so quick too! I applaud you honey haha
It’s fun to read about your routine! Mine is also quick and basic! I’m currently using Vichy skincare ! As for the make up: eyebrow, eyeliner , blush and lipgloss and I’m good to go 😉